Friday, January 8, 2010

New years Resolutions


New Years Resolutions
Did you know where the New Years Resolution thing began???? FUN FACT: The tradition of the New Year's Resolutions goes all the way back to 153 B.C. Janus, a mythical king of early Rome was placed at the head of the calendar. With two faces, Janus could look back on past events and forward to the future. Janus became the ancient symbol for resolutions and many Romans looked for forgiveness from their enemies and also exchanged gifts before the beginning of each year.

Who Knew.... Every year I start the year off with some really great goals only to find that by February or March, life happens and the goals don't. Anyone else have that problem? Well, in light of the new year, here are some of my new years resolutions that hopefully won't be forgotten so quickly. Wish me luck!!


  1. Continue eating right- After dealing with gestational diabetes and getting a good handle on what I eat, I want to keep it up. It feels so good to eat healthy (and lose weight).

  2. Be more open to other people- I've been reading the book "A Heart Like His" and I have loved exploring the idea of being more open to others by allowing them to be a part of my life. Not just being nice to people but really opening up to trying to love them as the Savior does us.

  3. Make it through the rest of the school year on 1/2 the sleep I need. =) Yes this is a big thanks to Josh who is teaching me (again) how to survive on no sleep. But I wouldn't trade it for anything!!!!

  4. Spend more quality time with the kids: Life is soooo busy that I find myself missing the small moments that come and go so quickly. Life is so short and having my kids at home is flying by right before my eyes. I want to take more time to just "be" a family and create memories of the simple pleasures that life has to offer. I am so fortunate to have the family that I do. I don't want to wake up one day and realize that I missed it.

  5. Baby Booties- Now that I have another baby, I want to learn to knit the "Cutest" baby booties. I am still looking for the perfect pattern. Anyone know of a good one?

  6. Love My Hubby More- I don't know if it's possible to love Brad more than I do right now but at least I can spend the year making sure he doesn't forget!!! He takes such good care of his family and of me. I am the luckiest girl in the world to be married to the man of my dreams!!!

1 comment:

Latisha said...

Loved your resolutions! You're really an inspiration, Mary. I'm glad I know you!