Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Beacause I need one more thing?????

Summer Sewing Lessons

Because I don't have enough to do already I am adding sewing classes over the summer. I am actually really excited about this and hopefully I will have a good response. I am giving sewing lessons to young girls to teach them the basics of hand sewing and using a sewing machine. Here are a few of the projects that we will be doing. Very simple projects that the girls can hopefully get excited about. If anyone out there has other ideas feel free to share =). And wish me luck with all the little hands!! I know not everyone is into sewing but I am and I'm glad for the chance to share it.
The T-shirt pillow is from an old T-shirt and has a pocket in it for overnight sleepovers.

3 comments:

Heidi Johansen: Jolly Blogger said...

Good Luck Mary--sounds wonderful. I would love to have my girls take a sewing lesson from Aunt Mary!:)

Dustin and Kellie said...

That is so great! I don't really know how to sew.. When I was younger I was like "Why would I ever need to know how to sew." Now I wish I had learned better. I would love to make clothes for my kids! My sister is sewing like crazy lately and she has all these great little projects she's doing! I jealous of you both!

Lecia said...

Such cute projects. Very creative, original & looks like fun. I can picture all those cute little hands now. Good luck.